Things I am most grateful for this Thanksgiving: Love & Technology. :)
We feel so blessed for the joy each of you brings to our lives and we are lucky that even though we are far away by distance you are incredibly close in our hearts. I love that technology enables us to stay closely connected while we are abroad and especially during family holidays, which I find are the hardest times to be away from the ones you love. I'm beyond grateful for each and every email, adorable eCard, photo like / comment, blog comment and FaceTime / Skype date! We felt so loved this Thanksgiving. Thank you!
Obviously, I dressed the little man up for Thanksgiving as ~80% of my daily entertainment involves dressing up / role playing with my son. :)
| Love from our little Butterball |
While Matt took on bath time and bed time duties, I headed into the center. Up at Munsterplatz (site of the Ferris Wheel during Herbstmesse), was the opening. When I arrived the music had already started, the shops were lit up (but you couldn't buy anything yet), however, the tree was not lit nor were any of the lights on the trees or anything else. Plus, they had a stand setup with free baked treats plus hot cider or coffee. I grabbed a cookie (or two) and a hot cider and found myself a spot to view the stage and the shops.
A little before 7pm the carolers started. Then the President spoke and while we spoke all the lights from the shops went out. And while I didn't understand his German speech, I did understand when the countdown begun!
...drei, zwei, eins....!
I loved the carolers, all the lights and all the adorable little crafts & goodies. I don't know if it was the fact that it was Thanksgiving or the start of Christmas, but while I really enjoyed the ceremony, it also made me miss my family. So I headed back home for some hugs and many more thoughts of all of you.
Happy Thanksgiving! Let the Season of Giving continue! Lots of love.
p.s. WahooWa!!! :P
| We're teaching him about disappointment early... |
So pretty.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see that little butterball
JEALOUS. Christmas markets are my favorite!
ReplyDelete