Friday, November 28, 2014

Haus Hunt: Quick Update

I visited my dream home yesterday. ... There are a couple quirks that make it slightly less dreamy...

#1. There are stairs. Even though the listing says "Lift" and there is definitely a lift, there are also 2 sets of stairs before one can get to the lift. I should've known from this photo...



Let me zoom in for you.

 

This is the 1st set to even get into the front door, then the 2nd 4/5 stair set is just inside. Again, no baby, no problem. Unfortunately, our little guy LOVES sleeping in his stroller.
I did a practice run with taking the stroller down these mini flights of stairs. Absolutely doable, slow-going, but doable. However, there's no way he'd sleep through that.

This prompted me to do a quick search for "Portable Stroller Ramps"  I don't think such things exist, however, I did come across these beauties.  For dogs. Thoughts? :)

Pet Gear Tri-Fold Pet Ramp for cats and dogs up to 200-pounds, Grey

#2. The listing says "Washer & Dryer Room".  My interpretation was that said room was in the apartment. Au contraire, mon frère. It's in the basement. You can actually stand up in the laundry room, which is an upgrade from our Chatham basement. Yes, accessible by said "lift", however a communal washer / dryer. Ugh. They actually had someone come out to see if they could add in a washer/dryer to the apartment and either their telling the truth & "there's no room" or it's cost prohibitive.

Other than those 2 flaws, I still LOVE this apartment. Love the space. Love the neighborhood (2 blocks from the zoo, right near 2 tram lines, a grocery store across the street that's open on Sundays (a true gem!!!), 2 blocks to one of the big parks...

We applied for the apartment. At what point in this post did you think I'm starting to go crazy? :) Was is the dog ramp?

They still have more showings next week so we need to delay our response to the other listing that we already have been accepted for (the modern angle-y place) and wait to see how this one goes.

I feel like we're getting close. Either way, I'm thinking we should have a place by the end of next week.

2 comments:

  1. How many apartments share the laundry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! It does seem pretty great despite the drawbacks... the laundry is a little offputting but, can be worked around!

    ReplyDelete