Rheinfelden means "fields of the Rhine", and it's only an 11min trip on the train outside of Basel (same train you would take to the Zurich airport).
Our trip to Rheinfelden served 3 purposes:
1. I wanted to test out the train. See how easy it was to buy tickets, check out the station, etc. --> Incredibly easy. Although we may not have purchased the correct tickets, but I think we got that figured out. :)
2. I wanted to test out EZ on the train. Will he like the train? (He loves moving objectives so my theory was yes.) Will the stroller fit on the train? --> He "loved" it? Well, he slept the entire time, so that's the best we can ask for! And there's a handicap car so we "strolled" right on.
3. The weather was lovely and we heard Rheinfelden was just a cute little picturesque town to walk about for the day. --> It was lovely! I swear all these cities are too cute. We walked around the little town & shops for a bit. Then the plan was to play with EZ in the park with a variety of different playgrounds, but again, he slept through the whole trip.
Of course I still took a ton of photos! No family selfies sadly.
And our tour wouldn't be complete without a Flipagram! :P (just makes it so easy to not have to decide between all the photos)
On our way in we noticed this huge castle right before our stop at Rheinfelden. We forgot about it until our return train trip. Of course at that point we googled what it was and turns out it's this Feldschlösschen castle brewery! (of the Carlsberg group)
We could've walked there and continued our little adventure, but now we will just have to go back! :) (Plus, there's a 9 hole golf course at the same location. Just saying)
Also, a future visitor excursion could include a boat trip through the locks on the Rhine from Basel to Rheinfelden.




I am going to make myself remember the name of my favorite quintessential swiss village that you MUST go see in the winter. It's adorable. And no, it's not Heidi land, although... I do recommend that for literary lovers as well!
ReplyDeleteDid you say Golf!
ReplyDelete