After an awesome mani/pedi with Lindsey at a cute spot (filled with foreigners) near us, I made my way to / to find Tianzifang.
Matt suggested this area as a cute place for me to check out an area of alleyways with more little shops. Additionally, Matt mentioned it would be a little hard to find... so I did a little cross-referencing and found "the address" Turns out, not so much. Instead, I spent about 20 minutes walking in concentric circles in search of "alleyways" I assure you after 10 minutes every alley starts to be a potential Tianzifang.
Then I happened upon this little nook of an alley... looks cute in theory, but is pretty deserted. And everything is closed. Bummer. I decided to go down this little street any way...
And came upon this! The actual entrance to Tianzifang is found! Tianzifang is a tangled web full of shops, restaurants, stride-up bars, etc. It's all hidden behind outer buildings and difficult to trace your steps, but heading into each of the alleyways was an exciting adventure on what you'd find!
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/shanghai/tianzifang.htm
It's described as "artsy" or the "SOHO of Shanghai" Now, I don't know if I'd go quite that far, but it does have some interesting spots to buy photography, art, trinkets oh and scarves! Lots & lots of scarves!
This little shop was FULL of teddy bears. I walked in and it was teddys floor to ceiling, seated at tables, etc. I think there was a restaurant/bar upstairs, but I didn't go up...
Map of Tianzifang, although even if I could read it, I'm not sure it would help.
"Residents Only Parking"
"MORE THAN TOILET - Delicious & Happy" .... ummm......
Cuteness everywhere.
Evening capped off with my hubby & some tastes from home at "New York Style Burger"
That hamburger looks a little big for your mouth. Looks good though. How are their french fries?
ReplyDelete"More than a Toilet"?? How much more I ask? Please tell me that's not the name of a restaurant. If so we may pass on that when we visit;)
ReplyDelete