Well, we knew it was too good to last. Why would husband and wife want to see each other every day? That's just ridiculous!
Matt found out on Monday that he will be staffed on a project for 8 weeks in Beijing. As of this morning, he hopped on a plane to Beijing. Great news because he's excited about the project! Bad news he will be gone 3-5 nights per week... shoot! Back to the consulting wife routine.
Anyways, that means I now have to figure out what to do to fill up my days AND my nights. I'm open to suggestions! :)
On that note, a little job update for you: I've applied to quite a few things in the range of marketing as well as I'm incredibly interested in MBA Admissions Consulting, i.e. helping Chinese students who are qualified and interested in attending an American MBA program. Being that Fuqua was 40% international students, I feel my experience was enriched by the various experiences and background that everyone brought to the table and I would love to be able to give back. Plus, this would be a great way to be able to engage more with the local community.
I've had a couple good leads in both fields. Coca Cola called me back immediately (which would be great!), but I don't speak Mandarin, which is a problem for many companies. I had an interview with a hospitality group a couple weeks ago. It's role that I'm incredibly excited about, but don't want to say a name and jinx it. :) There is also the potential J&J might still have something and I'd LOVE to continue to help, especially if they have a project type role. I'm open at this point! :)
Otherwise, I found a great little Spin studio, which I really like. I'm testing out a couple language schools (problem is I don't want to commit to a time slot if I do end up getting a job.) I'm continuing my language lessons online, but once I try to test it out in public it goes downhill rather quickly... Of course, there's still so many more things to explore! Basically, that's how I'm filling my days for now. (oh and the blog writing, so I hope people are still reading! hehe)
Sorry no good pics for this post, just a life update. :)
Great little spin studio!!! You can spin with Tiff, Les, and I when you come back!!! Go team! And fingers crossed on the jobs front! xx A
ReplyDelete