By “cheesy”, I literally mean, filled with “cheese”. Matt knows the key to my heart is cheese so
obviously incorporated this into our Valentine’s Day celebration.
Valentine’s Day is definitely celebrated in Shanghai, but I’m
not clear if it’s just for the Expat population or if the locals celebrate as well.
However, the red undies (see CNY post) sale I think seamlessly translates to
sales for a second holiday. Smart! Also, all the fancy Expat restaurants upped
their prices for “special Valentine’s Day meals,” but we are familiar with that
trick so we went for a more low-key meal.
We celebrated with couples massage. We went for the “Top to
Toes” which is different than any massage we’ve ever had before, but it was
basically two masseuses at once giving a head / shoulder / neck massage on the “top”
and the leg / foot massage on the “toes”
Different, but fun!
Matt also surprised me with cards, flowers & cupcakes!
Valentine’s Day is also our “first date anniversary” where our first date was
to see “Valentine’s Day”, the movie, on Valentine’s Day. Now, that’s definitely
cheesy in the figurative way as well. :)
The highlight was the Mexican fiesta dinner! We went to
Cantina Agave near our house. Nachos were delicious, could’ve used more cheese,
as were the enchiladas and Matt’s fish tacos. The margaritas were so-so, but
overall, I’d definitely go back.
Happy (belated) Valentine’s Day to everyone!
Oh that's so cute. Who knew you could purchase cupcakes and Valentines cards in Shanghai. xoxo
ReplyDelete