Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Our Jia


Here are just a couple pics of our home! More to come as I actually decorate each room… it’s a work in progress.

My first street side purchases! These two bowls I negotiated down from 30 RMB to 25 RMB. To translate that’s about $4.75 to $3.95. Do I feel good about it? Yes & No: Yes, I think these bowls are perfect in our entry way for holding change & keys plus, I was proud that I successfully negotiated using the walk away technique. No, I now see this man every day selling bowls on the street corner and I feel he might’ve needed that $.80 more than I do… I see another bowl in our future!

Our “art” is courtesy of gifts given to each other from the Westin brunch. My name written in cute pictures, just like I’ve always wanted, and a cute little pic from a local artist (hehe) as Matt was born in the “Year of the Pig”

Dining Area

Living Area (note fancy chandelier reflected in fancy mirror)
 
View from front door.


Our expensive bowls & art.

2 comments:

  1. OMG it's SO chic!! And totally different from how I was picturing it in my head- so I'm glad the pictures set me straight!! Looking great Jacqua!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. argh, youve made your place cuter in under a week than ive managed to do in 5 years. im hiring you when you come home. miss you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete