Ok, so my first impression of China is going to sound quite strange, but it's very ... Chinese.... Haha. Yes, I get that sounds weird as I know I'm in China, but perhaps I was expecting a little more diversity? Especially since we are living in an Expat area, but it really is ALL China. Everything is in Chinese (minimal English), everyone speaks Chinese (shocker) with very limited English and I've probably seen about 4 non-Asians? I know saying this sounds odd as I've been prepping to come to China for a while now but I've been to quite a few countries and this certainly veers the most out of my comfort zone.
Anyways, feeling a little off my game with all the changes I suggested to Matt we eat somewhere with a little bit of our home comforts. He agreed and took me to a place that was definitely cute but no one spoke English the menu was entirely in Chinese (no food pictures even), dead fish just hanging out, etc, and I thought to myself... "This is the most comfortable place we can find? ...uhoh, we are in for an interesting year"... Luckily, I suggested we try another spot and just 2 doors down there were some adorable places (Italian, Thai, Sushi) and all were super cute, menus in English, etc. I'm not saying I never want to eat at that Chinese restaurant, I just need a little warm up. :) Anyways, dinner was delicious! Afterwards, I came home and passed out from the jetlag. Now, it's Saturday morning and we are off to run some errands!
Goodbye America
No comments:
Post a Comment