Here is my life contents stuffed into 6 bags for a year in China.
In order to get to this point I've learned a good deal about myself:
#1. I'm amazing at packing. Originally, my plan was to hire movers to pack and internationally ship 50% of our 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment over to China as I there was no way I could survive that long without everything I owned. Instead, I'm here with these 6 bags, and with the help of mom, shipped 6 small boxes. No movers needed! Needless to say, I'm proud of myself!!!
#2. We have a lot of stuff. And I love all of it. There are many personal belongings I could temporarily separate from for a maximum of 18months. However, there are very few things I could envision never seeing again. Those will be safely tucked away in central Nj for a year.
#3. My husband better really really REALLY love me. Well, first of all, I quit my job and am moving to China with him. But honestly, that's the super fun part so he just needs to be excited when I get there. The other part is this moving thing! Wow is it wacky!!! Even the domestic only piece! Word to the wise: never book your movers for the day before your flight leaves for half way across the world. They will be very late. Also, never listen when the storage people tell you that all of your 30years worth of belongings can fit into a 10'x10' square. We are still in the packing phase right now, but unless one of these movers is David Copperfield, this is going to get interesting...
Cross your fingers for us!!


No comments:
Post a Comment