Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Taobao – Amazon, but better…


I’m a little bit of an Amazon junkie back home. I love free shipping and the ease of buying virtually anything from the comforts of my couch. However, amazon.com sells Virtually anything, whereas Taobao sells ANYTHING. (see some below examples)

I’m not sure how I never found out about Taobao previously, but this is amazing. Taobao.com is all in Mandarin and only accepts local Chinese credit cards and only ships to China, however, they have what are called “Taobao agents” that help people from other countries gain access & transact. We haven’t purchased anything yet, but the possibilities are limitless! See below examples…

Ants make you stronger – when you eat them…

Settlers of Catan made it to China!... here’s to my besties!!!!

Can’t be explained…

Woodgrain glasses. I actually really like these:

My new job? … it’s not what you think…

This IS what you think…

3 comments:

  1. Oh my sooo many questions. They recommend the Poke-and-torment box as a valentines gift?? Valentines Day obviously is a little different in China. I don't know what to say about the other items. Pretty funny though.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SETTLERS!!!!! Woooo! That site sounds hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even decide what I'm going to purchase!

      Delete