Here's my line-up for the Best Cheese in China (well, Shanghai) so far.
Cheese Platter: Dr. Wine. Oh, you tasty delicious variety of cheeses... with fruity side + honey & jams...YUM!
Mac & Cheese: Bloc. Wowza. Gooey gooey delish.
Chili Nachos: Shanghai Brewery. A mountain of chips, pico de gallo, chili. Honestly, a little lacking on the cheese, but the best I've tried so far...
a close second... Enoterra. Heavy of the cheese, a little short on flavor
THE Worst: Boxing Cat Brewery. They have other tasty dishes, but These are NOT nachos. These are tortilla chips, with a side of chili with 6 shreds of cheese and some jalapenos, cut up tomatoes as a garnish. NO thank you.
No-Meat Nachos: (kinda taste like homemade oven nachos) They've distributed the cheese throughout the layers, which is a real rarity here as far as I'm aware.
Chimichanga: La Hacienda. hands down amazing. rivals even Matt's favorite college hotspot at Vandy.
basically, I've learned that while it is POSSIBLE to find cheese, you should have incredibly low expectations...
... still on the hunt for...
- cheese enchiladas
- grilled cheese - homemade is still the best. Although Alex experienced the worst "grilled cheese" which was 7 shreds of cheese, 2 pieces of a "ham" substance, white bread... and cold.
- mozzarella sticks
- pizza. I've had some pizza, but nothing really sticks out as aMAHzing.
- pimento cheese. haven't found anything CLOSE and don't think that's in my future. but i still dream or Parker & Otis in Durham
- cheese fries -so many fakers out there. nothing beats the processed cheese whiz of Cluck U Hoboken. although I haven't had a chance to pop in here yet...
Bahahaha! "grilled cheese." Lesson learned.
ReplyDeleteLove this post- sad we didn't eat at any of those places with you! x A
Well its about time we had a cheese post;)
ReplyDeleteI think I'll make some no meat cheese nachos now.
XO