Ningbo, one of China's oldest cities (I think they all say that?) translates to "calm wave" due to the intertwined relationship between the city and sea and was the starting point to the "Silk Road on the Sea" (if that's even a thing?)
Honestly, Ningbo is best explained in pictures...
We first traveled over the world's longest "trans-sea" bridge. Who knew? :)
We stayed at the Park Hyatt. LOVELY!
Infinity pools overlooking the lake
ate some tasty river fish. that's just the tail...
visited club "RED"
We explored & relaxed on the Dongqian Lake.
where Matt's painting was inspired...
We visited Mt FUQUAN! Yes, that's right. These Fuquans visited Mt Fuquan. Oh, it was just so gorgeous. Those are green tea plantations, but it reminded us of wine country. (wishful thinking perhaps?) breath-taking either way.
Oh, the mountains overlook the East China Sea. Look at how far you can see!!!
missing & loving all our fellow Fuquans!
proof this is China.
I would absolutely recommend visiting Ningbo... We didn't see everything there is to see here as we barely set foot in the city center, however, there are plenty more scenic pics where these came from. Loved it.
















Wow, looks amazing! What a great escape from the city!! xA
ReplyDeleteWow, totally agree with Alex "Amazing" think I've looked at these photos about 5 times and the are all gorgeous. The blue skies are a real shocker. I guess they keep all their smog confined to the RED room. HA!Ha!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great time and wish you both a Very Happy Birthday.!
xoxo