You may recall the woes of the Chinese women and their lack of interest in tampons? Here's a refresher Well, o.b. is trying to save them all! haha, just kidding.... but if I could I would.
Basically, here is my new campaign. It's all digital (no TV or print this time). We're using Weibo (the Chinese Twitter) to get the word out about how much more "free" your life can be when you use a tampon instead of a pad. We are using popular dancers / athletes / travelers / etc to "tweet" about their own moments of "freedom" and then entice people through a contest to join our WeChat (think texting or "WhatsApp") communication. The WeChat is a private convo so that once people join they can ask personal questions, since not everyone wants to discuss that publicly. Unlike me! This has become my favorite party topic. But seriously, I talk about this more than you'd think and more than a normal person should.
I know none of you have Weibo accounts, WeChat accounts or speak Mandarin so I thought I'd include a couple pics! Wish us luck!
One of the dancers from "So You Think You Can Dance" China
A famous "cartoonist" who write silly comics about life as a young woman (her kitties are quite famous too)
I think this one is the most famous... she's an Olympic gymnast and now coach.
Here's our "Weibo" / Twitter account page.
you may be inclined to conclude, "wow, her Mandarin is pretty great!" Don't be fooled. Let's just say Google Translate became my new best friend. ;)




I'm curious how many women will ask questions on the Twitter page
ReplyDeletexo