What do you
do for food in a city where a new health scare pops up every week? Become a
vegetarian? Vegan? Honestly, I’m not
quite there yet, because I love my chicken, red meat, pork, fish, etc... However, with the press release about the diseased pigs and now the bird flu, then some dead fish problem (sheesh!) I’m trying to avoid pork & chicken. (The beef was already a little suspect
depending where you are). Luckily, Sprout Works is heavy on veggies but
delivers food that even meat-lovers can enjoy.
I’ve been
frequenting SproutWorks regularly during my Tai Tai days, but I just introduced
it to Matt this past week and he loves it too! Basically, it’s a buffet of
sandwiches, salads and soups with an offering of an abundance of sides, which are all clearly labeled in English. My new
business plan may be to open up one of these tasty hot spots stateside! The
servings are HUGE for about $8 a pop.
The buffet of “sides”. Some of the best include: kale w/ mango, celery root with tuna. Corn & tomato salad, cabbage slaw, quinoa salad w/ chicken, etc.
Oh the Potato Leek soup is so tasty! (I may or may not get the bacon sprinkled on top, and I feel fine! :)
Don’t worry
people. We are staying safe and still eating plenty in Shanghai. :) And happy when we see these signs...

Such a cute restaurant. Kind of Chinese "Chipotle"? So..if a restaurant doesn't have that sign...;(
ReplyDeletexo