It’s a
holiday in China! That means we have Thursday & Friday off, but have to
work Sunday (don’t even get me started on that crazy.)
Qingming or “Tomb-Sweeping”
holiday is basically a holiday to pay respects to your deceased relatives /
ancestors. Many people will travel back to their home towns and spend the
holiday with family and visiting the graves of their ancestors, ensuring they
are well-kept and giving offerings to ensure their loved ones are taken care of
in the after-life.
While I am obviously,
unable to directly visit my family members, I have said prayers for them,
especially for Grampy & Paw-Paw. I would encourage everyone to take a
moment to do the same in honor of the Chinese holiday, if you are so inclined.
Happy Qingming Spring!
What a nice idea for a holiday- as a reminder to us to remember those important to us that we can no longer physically visit in person. Happy Qingming!
ReplyDelete