Friday, August 23, 2013

Travels: Singapore Photo-fest

So... Funny story... “there was a miscommunication,” [our agreed upon language, eventhough I assure you it wasn’t my fault] and my flight home from Singapore "was not booked…" We realized this on the way to Singapore, so it was a bit of a scramble to find me a flight home. (One of those situations that was funny, then not funny, then funny again & now it's pretty hilarious).

This means by Sunday morning Matt’s trip was over and he was headed back to Shanghai, as planned, but now I still had 2 more days to explore! The trip continues! :) While a bummer that Matt had to return home to WORK or something silly like that, this meant it was time for me to break out the fancy camera and snap away! 

Here’s just a random sampling of the innumerable garden & cityscape photos...
...you'll also see what happens when a girl has a fancy camera, little editing knowledge and too much time on her hands...



it's like Central Park! kinda, but it's a huge playground. :)


   





Details & Example 1 of my "editing" 




Singapore Marina Bay Skylines



Singapore Flyer I LOVE a good Ferris wheel, but it costs $30 for a spin, so I took pics from here. :)

Silly Editing Examples continued...


Wahoowa! inspired




Gardens by the Bay I didn't go into any of the domes since I'm a cheapskate, as mentioned above, however, the outer areas were still great!

   
  

 Last but certainly not least, I reunited with Chris for a fancy Japanese FEAST at Mikuni!!
  
Sushi & Sake Course

mixed platter of deliciousness

popped this little sucker straight in my mouth & he sure was adorable and crispy!

this is just a last addition from my taxi to the airport... I thought it was important for you all to know that if you wanted to put 6 kids or little people in a taxi in Singapore, you can!

until next time Singapore!... I'll miss your tasty treats & lickable sidewalks. :)

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure you didn't forget to book the return flight on purpose? Only kidding.
    These are awesome. It looks like some type of futuristic Disney city.

    6 little people in a cab? Could happen
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I'm positive! how excited would you be as a taxi driver if someone dropped off 6 little kids into your cab... ;)

      Delete