I love the internet. I love that I can access 98.5% of everything I've ever wanted to know or find by typing in a few key words. I especially love the internet in China because it allows me to feel closer to friends & family even when we are far away.
I love the internet, but I HATE HATE HATE when it doesn't work. For the past 3 weeks, our internet has not worked properly, and some days it doesn't work at all. My favorite is when the little icon in the lower right says "Connected" but when you click on it, it says "No Internet Connection." This is the point at which I want to throw my computer across the room and scream, "what is the world is the point of being connected then?!?!"
Why, oh why internet do you torture me so? I know if I could just get connected to you, you have a million little treasures just waiting for me to find! Additionally, it's been a sting to my pride as I've really been trying to be better about posting on a regular basis. If not a full post, at least keeping up with my photo of the day! However, any time I attempt a picture upload, Game Over. So while I've drafted quite a few posts in Word, they won't be seeing the light of day until the internet fixes itself.
Do I NEED the internet to survive? Obviously not. There are many other things, more adventurous things, I could do with my time. But I WANT it. Instead, I spend hours trying to respond to emails, attempting photo uploads, reconnecting dropped Skype calls...
Can anyone else relate?
Anyways, this is a long-winded way of saying... apologies for continued radio silence.
After multiple attempts to schedule an appointment, the internet repair guy comes tonight, fingers crossed! Although I don't have my hopes up...
http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/shanghai/articles/blogs-shanghai/cw-radar/slow-internet-connection-try-china-telecoms-quick-fix/
Yes, I hear you! It's Sarah bruss - in Argentina, the Internet was the worst. Dropped skyped calls, having to use my landlords apartment for a reliable connection, etc. good luck with the potential repai! Xoxo
ReplyDeletehahaha! seriously, it's driving me crazy. guy came last night, so hopefully we're back up & running! ...for now anyways. ;)
Delete