Sunday, August 9, 2015

Weekend Swimming Pools

I'm just going to put it out there. I love the swimming pools in Basel!

1. They are huge. It's not just the pools that are huge but overall there is so much space. Even on the most crowded days, there's a ton of green grass to layout a blanket underneath a shady tree, in the sun or half and half. Plus, there are lounge chairs you can borrow for 1CHF. 

2. Many many pools. At Bachgraben, our closest neighborhood pool, there are 4 pools. 1. Pool for all ages going from 3ft to 5ft fit with a wide water slide to go down with friends. 2. Pool of 3ft - 4ft specifically for smaller kids (and babies being held by parents). It's a bit less chaotic than the pool with the slide. 3. A lap pool. A 50meter lap pool. It was a long time since I've swum long distance laps but it felt great. 4. A large, shallow baby pool for babies to bring their toys and go to town. 

3. Swiss lacks the litigious nature of the U.S.  Meaning, there are still things, like the amazing diving boards, the water slides and lifeguards who are watching kids have fun but get involved when things start to get it of control. 

4. The extras: a shop selling sunscreen, floaties, hats, toys, towels, kickboards, etc. ; a full service snack stand that even has Fun Dip! ; a huge sandbox, volleyball fields, playground ; and an odd feature I enjoyed, lockers for your valuables. While I feel fully safe in Switzerland, you can never be too careful. 

Here are some pics from both Friday & Saturday's trips to our Bachgraben pool. 


Open spaces. Pool 1 of 4 with the wide slide.


Pool all to ourselves in the morning



Our future Olympian

Perhaps another Olympian in the family? ;)






1 comment: