Sunday, August 16, 2015

A Night at the Movies - Al Fresco

Earlier this week, I went to the movies with some girlfriends. Like DC's Screen on the Green, the movies are shown outside on a large movie screen in the Münsterplatz, which is one town square at the top of the city. It's not free so you have to buy tickets in advance and they do set out chairs instead of picnic style. The city sets up about a dozen little outdoor stalls with food & drink, include a fajita stand! I didn't know about the food options beforehand so we arrived for the show and missed out on some of the treats.  Typically Swiss, however, every single person was already seated and fully fed by the time we showed up. (At least 10min before show time!)

We saw "What If?" starring Daniel Radcliffe. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Lots of poop related jokes but I honestly laughed most of the time. (Plot was incredibly predictable romantic comedy but that's right up my alley)

A great night out in the city. 

The (not so great) photo is the back of the screen looking at the seats but you get the idea. 

On our walk up we also spotted the free summer Rhine concerts. Basel is the coolest place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment