Wednesday, August 10, 2016

EuroTrip 2016 - Annecy, France

Now, what you've all been waiting for! Well, mainly what my mom has been asking for, and since I know she speaks for all 3 of you reading this, you can thank her directly. ;)

I've always wanted to visit the Cote d'Azure of France and we figured with Matt's European vacation schedule and me still on maternity leave, now would be the perfect time! Oh wait, we now have 2 kids... We're either completely insane or adventurous (??) for taking a 3 month old & 2 year old on a two week road trip.

We planned out the complete trip, our destinations, our stays, our activities, we were set to go. Then I was nursing little lady in the middle of the night 5 days before we were supposed to leave and saw a post "Pray for Nice" which unfortunately, in today's terms, is not a good omen. I think we all know what happened and I can't even begin to put into words how horrible we felt for the people who lost their lives and the families affected. It's beyond tragic and heartbreaking.

Unfortunately, this also left us with a decision to make. Do we continue with our original plans? Adjust? Cancel? While there were certainly the concerns of safety, for Matt & I it was more a question of respect. We didn't want to go to a city with a carefree vacation attitude so quickly after an attack and disrespect a mourning period for the city. Matt has quite a few co-workers with friends or family in Nice and we asked their opinions, who all unanimously said we should continue our plans. Our first stop wasn't Nice, so we decided we would continue to leave on Sunday and check in again 2 days before our Nice plans and change if need be.

We were headed to our first stop at Lake Annecy. Let's be clear, this was only the 2nd time all 4 of us had been a car together, and only the 3rd time little Lady had been in a car ever. I think Matt & I held our breaths for the entire 3 hours we were in the car. She did amazing! So did big man, but that wasn't a surprise because he LOVES cars.

We arrived at our AirBnb in a town a little bit outside of Annecy. We booked AirBnb / apartment stays throughout because of the room and the ability to close the door with the varying bedtimes we have in place. Unfortunately, this one was a bit of a miss. It was plenty of space, but a little icky. We spent lots of time outside the apartment, which meant lots of time down at the lake! (There was a huge bucket of legos so EZ thought the apartment was amazing)

We didn't know much about Annecy other than it was en route to Nice from Basel, but what a pleasant surprise and great, low key location to begin to get in vacay mood. Beautiful days. Sunny lakside relaxation. We didn't plan anything, even though Annecy is supposedly a outdoor sports mecca area, but our goal was just to unwind. See handful of 1 billion lake pics below.


Napping beachside


Lake panorama

Adorable Annecy town



Our best little helper


Mommy's 1st (but not last) Rose of the trip

love. this. kid.

New day. New beach.


This 2 kids thing is easy peasy. (This is also the same time that I read 5 pages of the 3 books I brought. It is also the only time I read any pages of the 3 books I brought)


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing from your loyal reader, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with Adventurous! The three of us thoroughly enjoyed your post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the post and am a loyal reader :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Sometimes I think I'm just talking to myself ;) and mom

      Delete